Dr. Marty Hudyma joined Laurentian University in 2009. He has worked in the mining industry for Brunswick Mining, Mount Isa Mines and most recently for Itasca Consulting Canada Inc. He has worked in research positions at the Noranda Technology Centre and the Australian Centre for Geomechanics, at the University of Western Australia. Marty is a registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- PhD University of Western Australia
Dr. Hudyma has worked in the mining industry and has done industry based research for more than 25 years. His areas of research focus include:
- mining methods,
- mine design,
- caving mechanics,
- risk assessment in mining,
- mining methods for deep ore bodies and difficult mining conditions, and
- computer applications to mining.
- ENGR3387 Ground Control
- ENGR4316 Mine Planning and Design I
- ENGR4327 Mine Planning and Design II